Network & Security Engineer
Job Purpose Summary
Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining scalable, highly available networks
that comply with industry best practices for availability and security in order to meet business
objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches,
firewalls, load balancers, various VPN, QoS)
- Network device configuration and maintenance
- Competence with firewall policy configuration and maintenance
- Perform maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes
and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure
awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the
company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Be aware and familiar with the Genisys Business Management System and conduct all
activities in accordance with the management system at all times.
- Must have competencies with Cisco IOS, Palo Alto Firewalls, generic network devices,
customer premises equipment (routers and firewalls) or similar.
- Attend and participate in team/divisional activities, meetings and workshops and day to
day work activities demonstrating respect and consideration for individuals and their
experiences and expertise.
- Communicate constructively to other staff members
- Be aware of and communicate to other employees and to the business, opportunities
for improvement in processes, practices and procedures
- Actively work with and support other staff members to achieve company goals
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to ensure environments and solutions are
working as required and within quality thresholds